Meet a few of my wine buddies. We cook together, laugh until we cry together and we drink a lot of wine together. 92 bottles to be exact when we spent a week at the beach this summer (don’t be judgey – there were 10 of us – that means just a little over a bottle a day..each).
Most of the wines ranged from $7.00 – $28.00 – Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Sauvignon Blanc, and even a few Chardonnays. And one night each couple paid homage to The Goddess of Wine and brought one special bottle for a beachfront wine tasting.
Ruffino Romitorio de Santedame 2001 Tuscany IGT $60.00
La Vite Lucente 2011 $29.00
Each team of two had a homemade tasting mat with circles from 1-5. You can also download one online http://winefolly.com/tutorial/wine-placemats/. We were all told the names, varietal and price of each of the five bottles. These are not cork dorks by any means. They do like their wine though.
As a Brazilian buddy once told me, “You don’t make friends drinking milk”.
Wine Challenge Favourites:
- Salco 2004 Tuscany – you can’t go wrong with this one.
- La Vite Lucente 2011 Tuscany – Another top performer you can always count on
- Le Mistral 2010- a fantastic California blend, exceptionally balanced and a fan favourite.
- Byron Pinot Noir Santa Barbara County 2012 – respectable but not as appreciated in when compared to the others.
- Ruffino Romitorio de Santedame 2001 Tuscany IGT – sadly this one was off.